Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Store Signs

I went to with my mom to pick up my sister from school and passed these interesting signs.

Open 7 Days- On a grocery store. It's a little vague, to me at least. So are you open seven days a week? Or are you open any random seven days? Or have you been open seven days since your grand opening? Or has this store existed since the beginning of time and will only open for seven days starting whenever it wants to? Oh, well, I think it's safe to assume it's open 7 days a week... But I did have fun thinking of all the possible meanings. They probably just didn't want to pay for a bigger sign.

Taxes-R-Us- Well that's a miserable name... I don't know what they do there. Hopefully, they help people with their taxes, not give people taxes. The name seems to suggest that they sell taxes to people. See, Toys-R-Us sells toys. So logically, Taxes-R-Us would sell taxes...

Mostly Trucks- I thought this one was amusing for no apparent reason. Maybe because it sounds so uncertain and conversational. "Hey, how are you doing?" "I'm okay... Mostly trucks." Something like that.

They coached you on starving before a buffet and gorging only on rib eye and lobsters. Seafood-phobes were deadweight in buffet Olympics.

1 comment: