Friday, August 16, 2013

Think and Say

Sometimes the things I think and the things I say are completely different. Well, not with my closer friends but with everyone else, yep. I don't know why I do this. Perhaps I try to conform to the weirdness/normalcy level of others around me, so I'm not singled out or something. Saying exactly what I think would probably make a lot of people either hate me or consider me extremely annoying, so I suppose saying things I'm not thinking is often a good thing.


For example:
When someone asks to borrow a tissue...
Think: Sure, have a tissue. But keep it! I don't want that tissue after you use it!Ugh.
Say: Sure...

When someone asks for anything with incorrect grammar...
Think: Aghhhhh, no, no, no. You're going to ask correctly. You should know after so many years of education! But really, I understand you, so it's arguable that this particular mistake isn't that bad, but still!
Say: Okay (if it's a reasonable thing) or No (if it's unreasonable)

When someone asks if I like his or her picture or essay or whatever, and I don't really like it much....
Think:Well, I can't say I don't like it because that would be mean. I hate to lie over something so insignificant.... But really, I think that's not terribly high quality.
Say: Uh, what a creative idea!

When everybody around me thinks someone's joke is funny...
Think: Huh? What the heck? Not funny at all! Wait, if I don't laugh they'll think I'm insulting their sense of humor, which, you know, I actually want to do since that joke was so stupid. Eh, whatever, just fake it again. There are bigger battles to fight.
Say: Ah-ha-ha! Ha... Ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment