Thursday, January 9, 2014

Translate? Once again...

Remember what I said in my previous post? Oh wait, you probably didn't read it. Anyway, I said that Google+ identifies text not in your language and gives the options to translate it for you. I'm reconsidering that now.
Why? Take a look at this post, please...
No, I'm not sure why there's a blue do at the top in the white space... Probably an accident.

That's not English, really. It's written with the Greek alphabet, I think. Yet, when it's "translated"...


It gets translated to... Greek again. (I think. Correct me if that's incorrect.)

This makes me wonder what Google+'s translate is really supposed to do. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch. They might have been changing things across Google and done something to the translate on accident (or on purpose, possibly). By the way, today I noticed that the profile picture at the top right of the page when you log into Gmail has become circular, so it's possible that they've been changing stuff on Google+ as well... 

Either way, the translate option seems to have suddenly "broken", so to speak, since the last time I posted about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment