Monday, January 6, 2014

What I Didn't Do During Winter Break

Whenever there's any sort of break from school, I like to consider the many things I'd like to accomplish. Somehow, I always think that not being in school will give me a lot of time and energy to do things. That is not the case. Here's a tiny sample of stuff I wanted to do but didn't do.



1. Program a Python game. -- Honestly, I've wanted to do this since the summer, but I never quite learned enough Python to make a game. I could just get all the code online, but that obviously would not be me programming. It's not that I don't have the resources to learn. There are online resources, and I have an introduction to Python programming book (with a target audience of 10 year old children, which does not include me).

2. Read 1984 by George Orwell. -- Having recently studied Orwell's Animal Farm at school, I figure that it would be a good idea to read another book of his. I bought the book last year with the intention of reading it, but I never did. I still have not read past chapter 3.

 3. Write a rant for The Incredible Present. -- My friend added me as an author on his new rant blog, and I've been meaning to write a rant for it. It makes me feel a little better that as of now, he hasn't posted a rant either. I'll post the link to the blog once there's some actual content on it.

4. Clean my desks. -- There's one upstairs that I mostly use as a storage space, and one downstairs on which I have my laptop and several stacks of stuff. As a result of piling random things on it, I can no longer use the upstairs desk as a writing surface or a place to rest a book as I read it. That's become somewhat problematic, but obviously not problematic enough for me to do something about it! As for the downstairs desk, I'm being inspired by the architecture in big cities. I'm building up! Basically, I combined some stacks, and look, more desk space! But it's not exactly cleaner...

5. Remember the Latin I learned last semester. -- I took home my textbook thinking, Yeah, I'll definitely have lots of time to review! Ha, nope. I'm currently figuratively digging through my brain to remember how to decline the pronouns is, ea, and id.

And there's definitely more... So much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment