Friday, September 13, 2013

A Warm Spartan Welcome!

A week or so ago, there was some person at our school to teach students about autism or something. In the morning announcements, the principal declared, "Let's give her a warm Spartan welcome!" (Our school mascot is the Spartan, by the way.)
If I recall correctly, the Spartans were not particularly welcoming to people. I mean, Sparta was basically a military centered society who likely would not have even considered inviting people to talk about autism. You know, considering how they abandoned all the children who had deformities or diseases.
So I suppose I warm Spartan welcome would be launching flaming projectiles at her? I mean, certainly it's warm and rather Spartan-like...
However, nothing of that nature happened that day, so I guess that's not what the principal meant.

Second result on Google Images when I searched for "warm Spartan welcome." The first was flowers, fruit, and a phone on a table. I feel like the first picture is closer to what the principal meant now that I think about it...


3 comments:

  1. Why not launch hotcakes at them? They're delicious and warm! Both are in the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that screenshot is from Total War II: Rome. I have the game, and that screenshot is Carthage fighting Sparta. I what town, I know not.

    ReplyDelete