Saturday, September 28, 2013

Weekends Suck

If you used to be a regular reader of Why Not?, then you my recall when Alec Vacanti was an author.(No one except for the staff of Why Not? regularly reads the blog anymore. Bleh to you.)
If so, you may also remember when We still had a page just for Sucky Saturdays, which only debuted once.
When Sucky Saturdays first came out, I was thinking "Wow, Alec, you of all people would dislike Saturdays." Back then, I would say that Saturday was my favorite day of the week.
Since the start of the new school year, I find that I do not like weekends anymore. I have isolated a number of reasons for this.
These are:
1.  Having to actually do actually do things- Yes, I do things on weekdays. But I specifically don't like doing things like shopping, going to church, and taking walks. If I haven't mentioned before, shopping is the dullest thing I can think of. I detest it. I cannot imagine actually enjoying a trip to the mall like most of the other people I know. Having religion forced onto me is not exactly the most fun thing ever. The concept of a walk is not that bad, but to take a walk at this time of year means getting up early or doing it at that time.

2. The Time- The Time, as I call it is the worst part of the weekend. The Time starts at 2:30-ish and lasts until 6:00. The Time does not occur at all during weekdays. I always sense the coming of The Time even when I am not looking at a clock or out of the window. But what is The Time? The Time is when I am devoid of most creativity, inspiration, and general happiness. I find myself unable to do anything productive during The Time. When I go outside to go shopping(shopping likes to occur during The Time at my house), everything looks bleak and boring. I frequently "zone out" and think of nothing. Of course, there are times when The Time does not occur, such as cloudy days when I cannot see the depressing shade of blue in the sky synonymous with The Time or rainy days. Afterwards, during the weekdays, I cannot remember the feeling caused by The Time, so that also provides some relief.

3. Planning to get so many things done, but not actually getting to do them- This happens every single weekend. I go home on Friday, thinking "Oh, I have so much home work to do, but I'll get done within the two days! When I'm done, I'll do all the things I plan to do- like getting another 10% of the Python course done and leveling up twice in Magic!" But then Saturday comes and I never do those things. First I get up, and get  done with a few missions of my 3DS game. Then I have to clean some part of the house which somehow always takes around three hours. Then The Time comes, and I still don't get anything done. Next I come back at around 6:00 and I am expected to do some more things. In fact, I don't know if it's even allowed for me to be typing this post. Then I do math and go to bed, having accomplished none of the things I planned to do. (Sunday is actually pretty much the same, except I do the math at 4:30 and try to get everything done right before the day is over.)
 
   Darn it. this makes me look like a lazy, ungrateful person who has mental issues. Okay, fine I admit that I somehow play Runescape for at least two hours straight every weekend instead of getting things done.

   Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and say that I also think I have some sort of minor insanity, just to prove that I am not in fact insane. But I really do hate weekends. I always expect a time to relax after a week of not doing things I want to do, but it never happens anymore. I hear that everyone else did get to do things that they wanted to, and that just makes my weekend crappier in comparison. But, as weekends get crappier, weekdays get better, even if I say that the weekday sucked. ( Because no matter how bad it was, it could never compare to the drudgery of a weekend.)

To end this post on a happier note, here is the latest Char-Corn that RF hasn't seen yet, on paint and in color. C came up with the theme:
Char Corn Sect

*If you know what fictional religion the Char Corn is, don't tell anyone. I want to see the stupid, I mean interesting ideas the as-of-yet non-existent readers have.

4 comments: