Saturday, December 7, 2013

"Abbey'a pkucky postulant"

Well, it's been a while since I posted a typo I'd found. Here's one.

From the New York Daily News website

"Abbey'a"? Really? Yes, the s and a keys are next to each other, but what happened to proofreading?
And what is "pkucky"? I suppose I can assume it's "plucky", but I shouldn't have to assume that one non-word is a word!

By the way, this is from an article on "The Sound of Music Live!" which was playing on NBC Thursday night.
(It wasn't terrible, but I enjoyed the 1965 movie much more. However, I guess it's not very fair to compare these two. The movie was a movie; "The Sound of Music Live!" was an attempt at a live musical on television. The movie had Julie Andrews as Maria; "The Sound of Music Live!" featured Carrie Underwood. The two just had different goals and constraints.)

No comments:

Post a Comment