Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Complaining About This Thing I See on Google+

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing things like these show up at the top of my "What's Hot" tab on Google+.


Yeah, posts with pictures like these too...






















Oh, you know what I'm talking about! The sentences that are supposed to be deep, inspirational, wise life advice superimposed on some completely irrelevant photograph, often including an outdoor scene or a teenaged girl (or both). These bits of "life lessons" often make very little sense and make gross generalizations. Considering how I'm often annoyed by these two things, I wonder how these get so popular. (The only things possibly more irritating to see in my What's Hot tab is probably the usually cheesy and nonsensical love advice that inevitably pops up somewhere.) Recently, at the top of my What's Hot feed was one of these, for the lack of a better term, "sentence and  things with 1, 271 +1's. On the other hand, a post with a really cool hypocycloid animation only had 107 +1's. *sigh*


In case I haven't mentioned this to you yet, I generally dislike when people complain about things and then don't even try to change the situation. As not to be a hypocrite, I am now trying to solve this issue by trying to show Google+ that while yes, several people who seem to like these "sayings on pictures" posts very much have me in their circles, I do not enjoy seeing several of them whenever I go to the What's Hot tab. I've joined a couple more communities and +1 -ing posts I actually like. It hasn't really worked yet, but it's only been two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment