Monday, August 27, 2012

Has This Ever Happened to You?

 All of us have thousand wishes. To be thinner, to be bigger, have more money, have a cool car, to date the person of your dreams. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's butt. I know that 97% of you won't copy and paste this into your signature, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, copy and paste this into your signature.

I found this in my inbox a couple days ago. I bet you guys have seen something similar on some account you have.  The message presented here is really good. Honor cancer patients. Cool. Great. Awesome. Yay. However, what annoys me is the way it's presented. I'm sure whoever wrote it didn't mean to have what I'm about to say, and I may be considered a "troll" for writing this but it's my honest opinion. Well, here goes nothing.

ANALYSIS OF THE STUFF IN GREEN WHICH YOU PROBABLY NEVER NOTICED NOT THAT I'M TRYING TO BRAG OR ANYTHING

1. All of us have a thousand wishes.- How do you know? This really isn't bad or anything, but it's just a little observation.

2. To be thinner, to be bigger, to have more money, have a cool car, to date the person of your dreams- These are probably really common wishes today. Nothing bad here, I guess. Nothing yet...

3. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's butt.- Ugh. I really hate this sentence especially in this context. Why? Well, first of all, this implies that cancer patients are not one of us, since apparently all of us have a thousand wishes versus one. Besides, I'm pretty sure most cancer patients have more than one wish. Or else Make-a-Wish would be practically useless. Keep your "RF is such a 'troll'" comments in your head, please. 

4. I know that 97% of you won't copy and paste this into your signature, but my friends will be the 3% that do.- Okay. Again, how do you know? I'm aware this is taking things a little too literally since I'm pretty sure whoever wrote this just wants to say that we should spread the news about honoring cancer patients. However, I can see peer pressure and bragging in this. Peer pressure- "my friends will be the 3% that do" Bragging- same phrase

5. In honor of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, and copy and paste into your signature. - If you actually put everything in green as your signature, it does honor the cancer patient so I guess that's good. But it's sort of pointless. By putting all that in your signature is repeating all the annoying stuff the person who sent it to you probably didn't mean to include.



8 comments: