Friday, March 29, 2013

Cure for the "Infection" #1

I am somewhat surprised, but yes, I am posting about the so called "One Direction Infection." (For those of you who are lucky or old enough to have avoided this, I will just say that this term refers to the widespread and spreading fan group of the band  One Direction.) Except, I am not encouraging it. Understand that. No, no, no, I am not encouraging it. In fact, I am doing quite the opposite!
I was inspired to write this post when some newly "infected" classmate of mine who joked, "I want a cure! Ha ha ha!" I, RF, am here to provide several possible cures. (not guaranteed to ever work, might affect your mental condition)





Possible Solution #1- Find a new, more worthy, less time occupying group/person/hobby.
NEW- Look, nearly all of America and Europe knows about One Direction. Mark Twain once said,  
If you have been "infected," pause and reflect. Think, Why am I so crazy over some people I have never met? Do I actually like their music or just the band members? Was one of the reasons I became a fan to fit in with the mob of girls at my school? etc. You will hopefully make yourself feel miserable or confused enough that you will slowly pull away from this interest. 
MORE WORTHY- I don't know what counts as worthy to you, so this one is ambiguous. Just find something more worthy of attention than a boy band. Try indie game developers, books, programming, etymology, photography, or something. I'm not saying One Direction is worthless, but I think there are more worthy things. Besides, if you really want a cure, chances are that you have begun to feel like this obsession is pretty pointless.
LESS TIME OCCUPYING - This one is not mandatory. Many interests take up large portions of time. Sorry, but that's the thing about interests. Anyway, I have heard from "Directioners" that they can spend hours at a time browsing fanfiction, GIFs, pictures, and more of One Direction. And what do they gain from it? I don't know...

'*More possible solutions will be posted as soon as I think of them. Well, then I have to type it, edit it, and label it, but I think you get what I mean. *


No comments:

Post a Comment