Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Zorpia

So today I looked at the blog posts list, and I noticed Nilai had started two posts about something I wanted to post about.
Since Nilai has needed a temporary break from blogging, I have decided to write about this topic.


So, about a week ago, I saw an email that was supposedly from JoshY about this website called Zorpia.
Then a couple of days later, I got another one of these emails from Wu. Then a couple more days later, I got another one from Wu. They were all about joining this Zorpia.

Whatever Zorpia is, I'm not joining. When I first saw the Zorpia invitations, I thought Zorpia was just a way for my email to get stolen. I still think that is the case.
What evidence do I have for being suspicious of this possible password-stealing social-media thing?
Well, first of all, I haven't talked to JoshY for about three years. Why the heck would he want to send me something like that after such limited contact?
I wouldn't be surprised if Zorpia hacked into JoshY's account and sent that email.
Andrew and JoshY are not really friends of mine.
They're more like acquaintances.
So, here's a message to the Zorpia team:

Dear Zorpia,
I'm not joining your website.
Sincerely,
GM



No comments:

Post a Comment