Monday, April 22, 2013

Evolution of Butter

In the olden days, people used to make butter by getting milk and other dairy products.
Nowadays, you can buy sticks of butter that are mass produced.
It comes salted and unsalted.
Anyway, if you know me, you know that I like buttered bread.
The main problem with this is that it is pretty much impossible to evenly spread the butter and cook it so it is golden brown.
I have tried many different butter an techniques, but I rarely get a perfect slice.
Back to the Evolution of Butter.
They came out with spreadable butter, which is great because you can spread it out evenly.
The main problem with is this is that when you spread it the bread becomes soft and weak.
Then they came up with squeezable butter which has the same problem as spreadable butter.
Next, Parkay came up with sprayable which I was truly excited about, but I must confess it has been an extreme disappointment.
All it is is some butter and vegetable oil sprayed out of a very focused hole. It would be marvelous if it came out as a slight mist that evenly spread across the bread.
I have still not found the perfect solution.

2 comments: