Friday, February 15, 2013

Last Words

I read a book a while back with a girl who liked learning about people's last words before they died.
Here are some ones I like and a couple that I put in just because I thought you might be interested.

  • "No comment." -Edward Abbey, when asked whether he had any last words
  • "You be good. See you tomorrow. I love you." -Alex, a parrot used in psychology research to his handler when he was put into his cage for the night 
  • "Am I dying, or is this my birthday?" -Lady Nancy Astor
  • "I can't sleep." -J.M. Barrie, author of Peter Pan
  • "No." -Alexander Graham Bell, when is wife told him not to leave her, he wrote the word "no"
  • "Vivo!" -Caligula, vivo means "I live!"
  • "I'm so bored with it all." -Winston Churchill
  • "Kurt Russel." -Walt Disney, unknown meaning; Kurt Russell, who was 15 at the time, didn't know either
  • "It's very beautiful over there." -Thomas Edison
  • "Children be comforted, I am well." -Joseph Haydn
  • "Leave the shower curtain on the inside of the tub." -Conrad Hilton, when asked for last words of wisdom
  • "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow." -Steve Jobs
  • "Die, my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do!" -Groucho Marx
Any you like in here? 

(source: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Last_words)

1 comment:

  1. Alex the parrot? I watched a show about him! Say, where r my author rights?!

    ReplyDelete