Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Why You DON"T Want to be a Blog Author

Many readers have asked GM, N, and I, "Can I be an author? Please?" Don't get me wrong. I enjoy having new people writing once in a while. I just don't want so many contributors we can't keep track of things. Or something like that. However, the answer from now on will be no. Well, unless it's some special case, like you won a contest or someone on the blog is indebted to you somehow. Anyway, in general, the answer is no. Seriously. I won't even bother to ask you "Are you physically able to?"

Please don't faint! Below I have listed several reasons you don't actually want to be an author on the blog. I  can probably think of more.

1. If anything strange or unexplained happens on the blog, you will be blamed. No matter how irrational it is, you will be blamed. We founders of Why Not 2000, especially GM, are generally very suspicious.

2. You will not post. It's so true. Oh sure, you'll post nonstop the first week, but soon you'll disappear amost.  A quick look at our current authors proves this. Many of our contributors no longer post. Alec, Andrew, N, I'm referring to you! Okay, maybe not N... He somewhat has legitimate excuses...

3. Authors actually have limited power. Besides post there is nothing you can do. Tsk tsk tsk. As Lily, current guest author, will probably tell you, it gets very annoying to have no control over the blog's design. Everything is done by the administrators.

4. There are better things to do! If you really want to blog, create your own blog! I promise you it is very easy. You can change the colors, the template, the name, the URL, and so on. It's a much better opportunity than blogging here! If you do make a blog, give us the link. We might share the link and get you more viewers! Hooray for you! Seriously though. Make a blog! Now. Shoo. Go. Yes, you who desperately wants to post. Uh huh. Run along now. Still aren't gone? Well, I guess you don't really want to blog then...



No comments:

Post a Comment